Monday, December 7, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 49: Bokeh

One (and probably the only) perk of running in the dark is the Christmas lights. It gets darker earlier and given that half of our runs in a week occur around or after 5pm, we are caught in the darkness. The Christmas lights bring...well, Christmas cheer! And they light the streets pretty well, too. That comes in handy!

Speaking of Christmas lights, I put up our Christmas Tree this weekend. I don't know why I love these cotton-headed lights so much. They just raise my blood pressure every time I try to put them on the tree. It usually starts out fine, the teases, and half-way through, BAM! A light bulb burns out and blows the fuse of every strand of lights connected to it. Every single time I get going, and that's if the strand lights up at all. I marked some boxes with blue post-it's but I don't remember what that meant so I guess that didn't help.

So, I planned my task of putting up the tree around going on a run, which I was sure I was going to need either during or after putting on the lights. I should have just worn my running clothes. I would have been ready to go. I planned on taking some pictures of us running by some of the houses while I destressed, but then a happy accident happened. Henri, waiting ever so patiently for the inevitable run, lay in the middle of the lights. He was so adorable! I decided to use a picture of that instead of stressing myself out by trying to get a picture of us in the dark and just use the run for what it was meant for. Getting away from my Christmas Tree! Oh, cursed OCD! The tree does look fantastic when I'm done, if I do say so myself. I suppose I will keep these lights as long as I can buy new fuses


1 comment:

  1. Love this story and the way you went with the flow and got a great photo of Henri as a result. As for the lights…I've got to do the outdoor lights this weekend and it's an exercise in patience as I have a similar problem. Things are going well and then half a strand will go out.

    ReplyDelete