Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Weather is Coming

Today is quite a different day from yesterday. Luckily, I looked at the weather forecast when I woke up and it appeared to be pretty gloomy outside. I was going to wait several more hours before going out for a run, but when it looked like rain, I decided we should head out earlier.

It was spritzing on the windshield as we drove to the park, but the forecast wasn't calling for rain just yet, so I pushed on. Henri was a bit jumpy as the wind blew across the plain grasses and things fluttered in the distance. There weren't many people out so every time he jumped, I looked around, expecting to see deer or at least a person. He was focused on getting done and I was focused on getting done faster or at least better than yesterday. I'm still having a hard time with my breathing and this stuff in my lungs. Then the wind blew in towards the end of the run. It dropped about fifteen degrees while we were out there, though you didn't really notice it until you stopped running. It started to sleet as we drove home. We had beaten the weather and run a hilly course in faster time than yesterday. I call that a win.

Runs this year: 20
Miles run this year: 59


No comments:

Post a Comment