Sunday, April 1, 2018

Run Streak Day Five: Run, Little Bunny Foo Foo!

Today is day five of the run streak. I ran solo again yesterday. It was supposed to rain and it was really windy. Where I normally would have told myself it was too windy to run, I could run at least one mile, right? 30mph wind is like you're not even moving, so even one mile seems impossible, but I got it done. One mile only.

While I've been feeling much better, I still have a lot of drainage in my throat, so I wasn't sure if my body would let us run very far today. While technically, I'm still ahead of the game for the half-marathon, already having run ten miles repeatedly, I wanted to push. According to the running plan I'm following, I should be at nine miles this week. (See how ahead of the game I was?) I decided I would try to do eight, knowing that eight was pushing it if I couldn't breathe.

I was feeling pretty strong at the beginning. The weather was cooler and getting cooler because snow was coming. In other words, it was our kind of temperature. I don't know if the cold was better or worse for my sickness, but it didn't bother me too much. My Garmin messed up somewhere around two and half miles. I was pretty disappointed about that and that threw my whole mind set off. I had to do math and stuff and when it started to feel like a struggle (the run, not the math), I just wanted to give up. I talked myself down to a 10k, thinking I was going to have to push for that. 

Then, it started snowing. The colder weather, the snow, it was invigorating. It was magical. And being Easter, it was a bit spiritual. I was so very thankful for the snow and my little snow dog. We pushed right on past the 6.2 and went for the eight. I'm not saying it wasn't challenging, but my body did it, just because I told it to. I wonder if it snows in Germany in October. (I don't think so.)

Henri also found an Easter Egg on our run. And it still had candy in it! We are just winning today.


I know, his face, right? "She's giving me bunny ears, isn't she?" Either that, or he's mad because I ate the candy. I didn't share. 

Today is also day one of the new Rescue Run Club 30/30 Challenge! 30 miles in 30 days! Eight down!


No comments:

Post a Comment