Monday, June 4, 2018

Run Streak Day 68 and 69

Since I forgot to blog about our run yesterday, you get a two-fer.

On the schedule for Sunday was an eight mile run. We started just before six am. It was another beautiful day with a nice breeze. The day itself was fine. The run, was not. On Friday I had a massage to work out that knot in my calf that developed during my run the week before. That process sent pain through my glutes and into my back. I also got my traps worked on. I might have needed more recovery time because all of these spots hurt as we pushed through all of the miles. I got light headed every time Henri stopped. I was on the struggle bus the entire time. I thought about shortening the run to six miles or four. I wasn't sure what I was going to be able to make it through. Thankfully I had Henri with me. It is unclear whether that helps or hurts at times, but if I had not had him with me, I would have given up to try again another day. Even when he got confused as we turned away from home, he still pushed on with me. He made me laugh as he stopped to wade through a puddle and take a drink left on the sidewalk from a sprinkler, even though he will stop dead in his tracks not to run past a sprinkler. And with him by my side, we pushed through all eight miles.



On the schedule for this week is a six mile run and a 4 mile tempo run. Since Mondays and Wednesday are the only days I could get a six mile run in before work, we were back at it again this morning. Yes, six miles after eight miles. It was not ideal, but the six miles were much more successful than the eight, just with a little leg tiredness. We had, yet again, another beautiful morning. Henri was tired as well, but he's such a trooper. Now, he can rest for a day before we go back out again on Wednesday, National Running Day!



I might switch some things up so I can get that tempo run in without Henri - because that just won't work. I also started a new round of 21 Day Fix, so I might be really sore this week. All of this as I look to a twelve mile run this weekend. It sounds like it's going to heat up again, so Henri will probably be sitting that one out, but we're getting plenty of miles in together right now. I'm just going to have to rely on myself to get through my long run. I should print up pictures of Henri and post them at every mile, to get me through to the next one. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment