Tuesday, June 21, 2016

GOAL!!!

While there has been a lack of blog posts about our runs, we have been running. Between running early in the morning, working out again in the afternoon and eating dinner so I can go to bed to get up early again in the morning, there is not much time to write about our daily runs. I don't know that anyone really cares about our daily runs and there is not a whole lot to write about. We're enjoying the sunrises and cooler temperatures. There are fewer cars on the roads, helping with Henri's new anxiety about running along the road (on the sidewalks - we are not near the cars) with all the traffic. I think it's the noise, which a lot of semis and trucks are going by with a truck stop just down the road. There is an occasional runner or walker out, but for the most part, we have the world to ourselves.

I've been attempting to work on my speed. Henri wants breakfast. With that and his anxiety, the speed is picked up for most of the run, at least on his end. I do my best to keep up and not slow him down. Some days it's hard to move my legs after my afternoon workouts, but some days that makes me push harder. We've had several close days, trying to beat our 9:02 record. Some days, no matter how hard I try, I just can't get the speed up or maintain it. Yesterday, I could hardly move my legs, despite a day off and stretching. Today though, I could feel it. I had to push, but it wasn't too hard to push. Despite slowing down for a car at a crosswalk and having to slow because I just couldn't keep it up, we broke our record. Our new record is now 8:58! It's not a big saving off our previous time, but knowing that I didn't feel like I was pushing too hard and I had to slow down some, makes me confident that we can shave some more time off of that at some point. It is more difficult with heat and humidity. My legs are pretty wobbly after my other workouts, but I'm working on becoming stronger so I can push harder and give Henri a real workout!

Runs this year: 86

Miles run this year: 249

No comments:

Post a Comment