Sunday, December 20, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 50: Neighbor


I'm going to cheat on this one a little in that I'm going to use multiple pictures and I didn't take any of them.

This time of year is about giving back. Henri's stops to see Santa each give back to some dogs in need in the community - our neighbors. I call it Santa Tour 2015.

Our first stop was to see Santa and his elf in support of Hospice Hearts. An organization providing care and foster homes of pets with terminally ill owners or at owner's passing. They were able to raise $300 to help care for these pets in transition. 


Henri's recent run in with our actual neighbor-dog has made him, understandably, even more apprehensive around dogs, but also strangers. I guess that includes Santa, so I am making more appearances in these pictures than originally intended.


Our second stop on Santa Tour 2015 was to benefit MARS Pet Rescue and Snap Cat, two more area rescues. Over 70 pups were photographed, including one that that was adopted from MARS Pet Rescue. Some of the proceeds also went to Crisis Nursery Pregnancy Center, so babies and puppies benefited from these pictures.



Next stop, our annual pictures to benefit the local Humane Society. Funny thing, squeaky toys get the attention of Santa and the owners, too, but this picture was cuter.


Lastly, pictures to benefit our friends at PetNet, another local foster organization. Henri also donated some of his toys he no longer plays with to give to some of the dogs in foster care while they wait for their forever home. Maybe he will eventually be able to share his home, too. Henri thinks that idea is hilarious!


We made good use of our ugly outfits from this years run since I worked so hard on them. Henri made sure that you could see my skirt and the back of his sweater. Santa wasn't sure what to think.

And just because I love my latest creation, Henri and I in our matching scarf and bandanna.

.
Christmas is around the corner! Hopefully, all of our dog friends in the area will get to enjoy the holiday a little more because Henri posed for some pictures with a scary guy with a beard!







No comments:

Post a Comment