Sunday, September 9, 2018

Sunday Runday: Long Run Edition

Because it's been raining for two days and has cooled down, Henri and I made a little Sunday Runday out of it and went out for our ten mile run instead of having to fight the darkness and pressure to get all of the miles in before work. While the forecast was still calling for rain, there was nothing on the radar so I was happy to take Henri along. 

Unfortunately, with all the rain, everything smelled amazing to Henri and he wanted to stop and smell it all. I told him that if he was going to be stopping the whole time, I was going to have to take him home. Of course, when we got to the turn to go home, Henri attempted to take it. I told him I was kidding. I wasn't taking him home. I needed him for this run.

I will credit some of the pacing to the cooler temperatures, which just felt amazing, but the rest was Henri. This is why I needed him. I'm trying to figure out why my arches are hurting as much as they are, but in the meantime, I tend to slow down when they start, which is really the opposite of what I need to do. If I push on and keep my pace up, they don't hurt as much. That's where Henri came in. Once we fall into a pace, he is really good at keeping us in it, even if he does have to stop and smell something. 

It was dreary, but at 7am, I needed the sun to stay behind the clouds. It was windy, but aside from when we were running into it, it kept things cool and we were running in comfortable lower 50's. We were able to get our miles in before it warmed up too much, even with a little extra sleep. Ah...


This was Henri's last "long run" of marathon training. Our last twenty mile run is Saturday and then we start to taper, we are that close. It's really nice timing because the sun is rising later and later. I will not be able to get the miles in before work and while it's been cooler the past few days, the heat and humidity is not done with us yet. It's coming back just in time for our twenty-miler on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment