Saturday, March 31, 2018

Run Streak: Day Three

I have decided to start a run streak, running at least one mile every day. I haven't really chosen an end date. I should probably do that, but I guess for now, at least until the half-marathon. I'm hoping it will make me faster, something I've been working on for over a year now. Not every run will include Henri, because sometimes it will be raining and he hates the rain. Sometimes I will be using my run as a warm up before my strength training and taking Henri along will take twice as long. Yesterday I ran a mile and a half, solo.

I would like to say that it is already working. Our first mile today was 8:45, which is the fastest mile I've had in quite awhile. I'm sure it had nothing to do with my almost break down into tears before the run. Either way, that felt good. Then I remembered I was still sick and I should probably take it easy. I did not anticipate this run was going to go very well. Yesterday was leg day. I'm still constantly blowing my nose. I didn't feel right. Somehow, we managed to pull it off. I probably pushed a little more than I should have, but I felt pretty good most of the run. I almost considered trying to go for a long run. I'm glad we didn't. It clouded up and the sky dumped shortly after we finished our five miles. Henri doesn't like the rain, remember? I also would not have been able to do it. I am not ready, but I'm working on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment