Wednesday, March 28, 2018

We're Back!

Two weeks later...

Well, that did not go as planned. The procedure went fine, but of course after a few days, I was feeling better, just a little tender...sometimes. Instead of working out as I had planned, I got sick. At first I thought that it was because I was not running that the cold caught me, but then I decided that it was actually that God gave me a cold so that I wouldn't push too hard and pull my stitches because He knows me and He knows I would have. The only way to get me to rest was to knock me down with snot and phlegm.

I started working out again on Monday. Actually, my arm was already sore on Monday from playing Chuck-it with Henri at the park on Sunday. Yeah, apparently I lost all my arm strength in the matter of 10 days. I could barely lift my arm and I didn't even Chuck-it that much. I kept it lighter weights since I'm still not supposed to lift over 15 lbs.

So, while I'm getting better, I still have congestion, which of course makes a run a little difficult, but today was more about loosening up my legs (Because, oh, are they sore!) and getting warmed up and back to adding the miles as soon as I can. I planned for one to two, just to loosen up. We did three. Mile three was really hard though. I had already stopped to blow my nose multiple times and I could feel it building up in my lungs, making it harder to breath. So, slowed down, but we finished three.


The good news is that if I can run ten plus with snot and phlegm, I should be in good shape for the half! Henri is definitely a cuter running partner though.

No comments:

Post a Comment