Thursday, March 15, 2018

Time-Out

This was our last run for two weeks. I'm having a procedure done tomorrow and I'm not allowed to run, lift over fifteen pounds or any other kind of repetitive movement that might pull my stitches for two weeks. I know, poor timing, but we're still seven weeks out. I'm fairly confident that I can add three miles in five weeks and still have a successful half-marathon. I'll probably build a legs, abs and glutes workout for those two weeks. I'll find a way to get it done without pulling the stitches in my back.

I set my mind to five miles. The sun was warm, but the wind was cold, and there was still a lot of it. It was tough. The best part was when another runner was coming up behind us and knowing how Henri stops sometimes, we stepped off to the side and let him go by. Henri decided that he wanted to run with him, so there was a good stretch of no stopping and Henri really pushing to keep with him. It probably only felt like pushing because I was starting to struggle after running into the wind. I did my best. We kept up with him at a pretty steady pace for about a mile, but I wasn't really having the best run. I was proud of what I did. The important part is that after I let the guy go on, we turned back into the neighborhood and finished our five miles.

I am allowed to walk during my two week rest period. I'll make sure Henri still gets some exercise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment