Monday, November 10, 2014

A Solid Run

Yeah for 60 degree weather! I walked out of work and immediately knew it was going to be a great run! I rushed home and got ready as fast as I could, which isn't fast enough for Henri, but I try. 

I was right. It was a great run. We moved at a comfortable pace. I knew I wanted to try to run an extra block today, so I wanted to make sure I had the energy for it, since we would be running into the wind at that point. It was another windy day. I know an extra block doesn't sound like much, but my ankle and my foot know the difference. I'm just going to keep adding blocks until I can get back up to 3 miles, then we'll work on the pace. We're at a solid 2 mile run, which still hurts occasionally and I was a little gimpy when we slowed to a walk, but most of the discomfort was gone before we got home.

All that really matters is that Henri has a good time. We must have had a pretty decent run since he got several long drinks of water when we came home and he is already upstairs, taking a nap before dinner. He ran beside me for at least the first mile. He always gets spooked by the skateboarders at the skate park. It's hard to get him to slow down after that. I think after running beside me for so long today, it felt good to go faster. He didn't slow down until we started walking, which means that we passed at least 3 spots where he usually falls back and checks on me. He must have been in a motivating mood today. It worked.

I heard today was the last warmer day for awhile. Glad we got to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment