Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Cold is Here

Today took a little bit of psyching up for the run in the cold, but we did it, and of course, it wasn't really that bad. I forgot how I used to dress for the winter runs so I was actually a little warm, but thankfully the wind was cold enough to cool me down when that happened. It was about 30 degrees, but it felt like 20 with the wind chill. Brrr...I imagined Henri and I as little freight trains, chugging along, as you could see our breath.

Despite being pretty achy yesterday, my ankle didn't bother me at all the entire run. I wanted to keep running, past the point that I extended our run to on Monday, but I didn't want to push it. I'll just hope that this continues and that I can continue to be smart enough to know when to stop.

So, I think the cold weather is probably here to stay now. This is our running life. The good news is that Henri loves it and is super excited about going for runs, going to the park or just being outside in general. I don't know how he knows the difference when I walk in the door, but he does. As long as he's excited about it, we're good.


No comments:

Post a Comment