Thursday, November 6, 2014

Yesterday Was Perfect, Today...Not So Much.

It was 60 degrees, making for a perfect after work run. Sure, the sun was going down, but we live in the west so we got the best of all the colors. People were talking about how beautiful it was and we were out there, together, enjoying it.

That was yesterday. Today, it's in the 40's. It was dog park day. I don't know if that's better or worse. I could wear more layers, but there is a lot of standing and walking, depending on what Henri wants to do. At least if we were running I'd be, well, running, warming myself up. Ugh, the windy days are the worst!

I don't know what's wrong with me. Last year, I barely noticed the temperature change. It was more a matter of fact. Well, it's colder now. Still have to go to the dog park. Let's see how many layers I can fit under this coat! I didn't feel sluggish or lose motivation. I hope I'm not getting lazy because of the inability to work out as much because of my ankle!

I'm afraid of how I'll feel when it's time to run in these temperatures. These are the exact temperatures that we first started running in and ran in a lot last year. It never really felt that cold.

I actually like winter. I don't like being cold, but I like heat. Heaters and fires and hot chocolate, oh my! I also love snow. I don't want it to mess with Henri and I getting out and getting exercise, but I love it. And Henri certainly loves winter!

Maybe it's just been the lack of fall. It's been back and forth and never really felt like fall and now it's just getting cold, heading to winter. Maybe it was just a dreary day. Maybe my mood is just a reflection of the light drizzle and grey sky. I need to snap out of it! We've got months of this. I can't be getting the winter blahs already!

I know yesterday was an anomaly. I'm thankful for the days that are beautiful and even the ones that are not, because I get to be outside with my bestest buddy, and watch him enjoy it. Whether we're at the dog park or on a run, we're together and enjoying life and each other, no matter the temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment