Monday, November 3, 2014

I Love This Dog

Have I ever mentioned that I love this dog? Because I do. I really, really do. As I begin to write this, Henri is at my feet, rolling onto his back. He does this when he wants attention. Apparently, the last 40 minutes that we spent together on our run just wasn't enough.

I came home and he was very impatient as I put away the groceries. I don't know how he knows the difference between run days and park days. He seems more excited for the run days. I'm sure he enjoys the park days more, but he acts like he can not WAIT till we go for our run. He's bouncing around, his monkey hanging from his mouth. I make a move that he interprets as going towards the stairs to change and he takes off, only to find that I'm not yet behind him and I'm still putting stuff away. He whines and looks at me expectantly. I'm not trying to torture him. I'm going as quickly as I can!

Finally, we are going upstairs where he dashes up and down the hall, coming around corners and diving onto the bed in extreme excitement. Every move I make is supposed to be to go back DOWNSTAIRS so we can go. More whining. It's annoying, but it's pretty hilarious. I can't even be mad at him.

Today, we ran past several dogs who wanted to visit with him, but he went on by. Henri was busy. He had a job to do, and by job I mean he needed to get me out of the house, around the neighborhood and back home, as quickly as possible, though he seems to get that my injury still slows me down.  Even one of the more "aggressive" dogs behind a fence, Henri ran on by, looking nervously behind him, but he didn't engage.

He gets the command "Front", when plants are grown over the sidewalk and I need him to go in front of me, even though I don't use it that often. He still runs in the grass at the places I used to say "grass" because the new houses had mud running off onto the sidewalk and it was really slippery to even walk through. He's just smart!

Then there his is running beside me, prancing along side me, smiling up at me, his tongue hanging of the side of his mouth. He's cute, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment