Friday, October 31, 2014

My Running Partner Has Four Legs Link Party

Hi! This is Henri! He is my running partner! *whispers* He has four legs!



If you search through different parts of this blog or read through my blog posts, you will learn a lot about Henri and the adventures we have had over the last several months since I started blogging, but since this is meant to be an introduction post for anyone who wants to connect through the My Running Partner Has Four Legs Link Party, I will give you a brief synapses.

Henri is a two and a half year old Shepard mix. He was born in a shelter nearby and advertised as an Australian Shepard mix. Mixed with what, we're not sure. He has a tail that makes people think Husky. I think German Shepard. We could all be wrong and he's part Chihuahua (but I doubt it).

I started this blog in hopes of connecting and inspiring others to run with their dogs. I, personally, believe that there is no better running partner. I have attempted to run on my own several times. I just never got into it. I had a roommate that ran, but I couldn't keep up and that did the opposite of motivate me. I ran a few times before I got Henri, but I never felt like I was any good at it or that it was really worth my time.

Then came Henri. This bouncing ball or fur and energy that I could not wear down. If we did not go to the dog park, it was not going to be a restful evening. He wanted to play non-stop. Just when you thought he had calmed down, you moved your legs to a different position on the couch and there he was, springing to your side with a toy because, obviously, you were playing a game.  

It was around this time, two years ago, when there were just days we could not go to the dog park. It was raining or it had been and it was muddy. The time had changed and it was too dark. Something had to be done with Henri and a walk just wouldn't cut it. That's when we took our first run. The look on his face when we were done...whether I was good at it or not, we were runners.




This summer, because Henri hates anything over 40 degrees (only a slight exaggeration), I decided that the dog park was out and running was in. We got up early in the morning, Monday through Friday, and went for a 3 mile run. Then I would blog about it. This was about our time together, just the two of us, and how our bond and love grew.

If you've ready the blog you might know that I got injured. I rolled my ankle. This has slowed us down exponentially, more than I thought it would. I'm getting back out there, a little at a time and Henri is patiently waiting, with a smile back at me when I need it most. 

Thank you, Lea, for giving us another way to connect and share our stories of running with our dogs. I hope to read and follow many of you and hopefully, you will follow us, too. I can't wait to read your #happytails!

You can follow Henri and I, here on our blog, or on twitter @6legsarebetter.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love Henri-- six legs are certainly better than two! Thanks for linking up!!!!

    ReplyDelete