Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Brrr...

It's a weird feeling to be nice and toasty, but then you touch your own skin and you jump from the chill of it. 

I fear this is our running life now. It was 50 degrees today, so not bad at all. We've run in colder temperatures, and we will run in colder temperatures over the next several months, but it's still a bit of an adjustment. How many layers go I put on? Do I wear long sleeves or short sleeves and a jacket? Do I wear gloves or no? Am I going to be cool enough while we're running and warm enough while we're walking? 

I tweaked my ankle a little bit on Saturday. I wasn't even running! I stepped unevenly on the ground and it turned again. It didn't feel great, so I put off running for a few days, just to give it some time. I considered not running today, but I think I really wanted to as I couldn't seem to make myself stick to "I should skip today," or "I'll only go running if I get the Pro Compression socks I ordered." and Henri really wanted to. He was running and jumping around when I came home. I can't say 'no' to him!

So, we went and it was good! I think my shoes are really good for the state my ankle is in right now. I felt a little wobbly when we started, but I just kept us at a slow pace and it felt better after awhile. We even pushed it to 2 miles again (I don't remember if I mentioned that last time). I know Henri wants to keep going, especially since it feels awesome outside to him. We'll keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment