Monday, October 6, 2014

So Many Decisions

You may have noticed, I did not blog on Thursday or Friday. We didn't run either, which hasn't really stopped me in the past, but I was feeling discouraged and frustrated so I decided that it was just time to take a break.

We did run today, this afternoon, after I got off work. We're getting to the point that we are going to have to make a decision about the adjustment to the cooler weather and the shorter days. The time changes this Sunday so it will be darker later in the morning and darker earlier in the evening. 

While I continue to figure out what to do about that, I'm also trying to figure out how to get my foot better, so that I can run my 3 miles again. I'm going to go to a sports physical therapy center this week. They can do a free assessment and maybe help me figure out what needs to be done next. My foot still hurt last Thursday from The Color Run. My ankle just feels weak, though I think some of that is in my head. It felt good to run today, but my foot still hurt and I had a little limp after we ran our 1.5 miles. Even if I can't run every day, it would be nice to have the option when it's been raining for days and the dog park is soaked, or I get off work too late for the dog park, but a run can still happen. Plus, I have this blog now. I don't want to give up on it yet!

All will be figure out, eventually. We'll see what runs this week brings. The point is that we enjoy it, Henri and I. It was good to run with my little buddy again. He makes it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment