Sunday, November 29, 2015

Pumpkin Paws Jog

You may recall, a long, long time a ago, Henri and I ran in the local Polar Paws event. This was in 2013, so it's been awhile. It was our first organized run and we had a blast! I was looking forward to and prepping our outfits for the 2014 Polar Paws event when a snow storm came in early in November and scared off all the sign-ups, thus the event was cancelled. Boo. Disappointment ensued. I tried not to become too hopeful when they announced the event this year, now named Pumpkin Paws and moved up into November in hopes of missing the colder weather. The ironic thing was that the weekend it was originally scheduled last year was a beautiful weekend and not cold at all. Irony hit again as, this year, the weekend the event was scheduled, we received our first snow.

I had been busy with our Halloween costumes up until the Halloween event, so as soon as that was over, it was back to working on the pieces for our holiday themed outfits for Pumpkin Paws. Since the event was the weekend before Thanksgiving, we decided to bring in the holiday cheer with some "Ugly Sweater" themed outfits. I made an ugly Christmas Tree Skirt from a real Christmas Tree Skirt for myself and Henri got an ugly fleece jacket. I worked tirelessly from the point of completing our Halloween costumes to the week leading up the run. Then I realized I was running out of time and stayed up late every night that week to finish all our parts. I was working until 1:20pm on the day of the 2pm event. Yeah, I cut it that close. 


My sister and Payton joined in on our "Ugly Sweater" fun. Our outfits went perfectly with the snowy conditions! 


Henri and Payton, historically, have had some issues, but they ran very nicely together, even running side-by-side for part of the run. The sidewalks were a little icy in spots and all of us have other activities to do that are best done with all ankle and legs intact, so we ran a slow and careful run. We sure looked good though! I'm going to have to reuse the outfits though. I worked far too hard on them to have this be it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment