Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Heating Up

Today was our first run in a week, thanks to rain, heat, an overnight work night for me and some sickness for Henri. I was about to break down and switch to early mornings to get our run in when a storm front brought a cloudy day and slightly cooler temperatures.

Thunderstorms are a coming (supposedly) and while the radar showed storms right when we'd be running, I took a chance as I didn't see any dark clouds. It was still 72 degrees, which felt great when you're just outside, but it was still a little warm when running. We've been hitting the pavement in a slower form every day, but Henri was ready to run today. I'm glad he's feeling better most of all, but it was also good to be back out there. We ran at a decent pace, despite the heat. We even got back right before it started to pour.

I'm still not looking forward to early mornings, and I'm trying to figure out if I can switch up when I eat dinner so we can run later. I still think mornings will be cooler, but maybe I can prolong the switch for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment