Saturday, April 2, 2016

Windy City

No, we didn't go to the Windy City, the Windy City came to us. 

Henri woke me up at 6:30 to eat. I decided to appease him, then try to go back to bed. He decided that another thirty to forty-five minutes was enough and asked to go on a run. (Yes, he said he wanted to go on a run. What? You don't speak dog?) That's okay, I wasn't falling back to sleep anyway. So, here we were, pretty early on a Saturday, getting ready for a run. I checked the weather, even though I remember the weatherman saying this weekend was going to be nice. Oh, look! It's going to be 30-40 mph winds starting in about an hour. I guess it's a good thing we were getting our run done early.

I'm not quite ready for early morning runs yet, but it was a nice reminder of the quiet that is mornings. Less traffic, both on the roads and on the sidewalks. The skateboarders are still asleep, so Henri doesn't have to worry about them making all kinds of racket as we run by. It was really nice, so we took a little extra time before heading home and cooled down by the lake.

Now, the winds are here and I'm glad Henri woke me up early. I definitely would have passed on a battle against the wind today and I would have been disappointed in not getting to run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment