Sunday, April 17, 2016

Looking for Some Shade

I really wanted to sleep in this morning.  I knew it was going to be warm again, but I just wanted to sleep in. Henri got me up at 7:30 for breakfast and I should have stayed up and we should have gone for a run then, but I wanted to go back to bed. It didn't work. I finally just got up an hour later, but it was already heating up outside. We were just going to take a quick spin around the neighborhood, but that didn't really sound very fun and there is no shade anywhere. I decided to head out to the woods, even though I knew we'd be battling the hills, thus working harder, I thought there might be a bit more break from the sun.

There wasn't as much shade as I'd hoped for, but it wasn't too hot yet. It was beautiful and scenic. We hadn't been out there yet this spring. I used the heat as an excuse to keep it slow, even though it was probably more the hills. Our pace was actually a little better than yesterday. It could have been because Henri started mushing at one point, spooked by the sound of a car going over the bridge. So much for slow and steady! I kept up as best I could. I mean, he was attached to me. I didn't have much of a choice. He finally calmed down and we finished our run, cooling off under a blooming tree. Not a bad way to start a Sunday.

Runs this year: 52
Miles run this year: 147

No comments:

Post a Comment