Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Announcement

Hello, friends! I know! It's been awhile. Don't worry. Henri and I have still been running. It was a pretty warm summer that seemed to last a long time. We ran often, but the distance wasn't really there. We had to wait for it to cool off to start working toward our ten mile goal. We made it with a few weeks to spare!



So, what is in store for 2018? Well...there might be a marathon in my future. Actually, there is a marathon in my future. I'm signed up. Tickets are purchased. Lodgings are booked. There is no backing out now. What? Why? Because I'm not signed up for just any old local marathon. I'm running the 3 country marathon starting in Germany, crossing the Swiss border and finishing in Austria, because if you're going to run a marathon, might as well see the world while you're doing it! Oh, and while we're over there, might as well run a 10K in Iceland. What am I doing?

Well, it all starts with a little half-marathon training for the Illinois Half-Marathon, because that's just a half, so I can stay local for that. 


We hadn't been on a run since December 23rd, until today. It's been cold, snowy and icy, conditions that I thought dangerous for myself and Henri. We almost got out last week, but we found a lost dog before we even made it out of our block. By the time we got it home, it started to rain. I guess we were saved from being on the opposite side of the other neighborhood when the rain started, but it was still a disappointment. So, today, I was not letting anything stop us. Maybe slow us down a bit...but just look at Henri leaping through the snow!


So, that's the plan this year. Run a Half in April as part of training for a Full in Germany in October, shortly followed by a 10K in Iceland. Unfortunately, Henri will not be able to run any of these with me, but I will keep him by my side for as much of the training as he is interested and able to do, as a lot of the long runs will be in the summer and I am more concerned with his safety than him being there with me. Besides, I'm going to have to run it without him in Germany. Better get used to it...but not too used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment