Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Beauty of Snow

There is still a lot of snow on the ground, covering the sidewalks. The city is also not very good about salting the roads, especially in this neighborhood, so there is no running in the streets either. It's safer to run the drifted sidewalks, so that's what we did. Many places it looked as if no one had been there, even though I know we were just there two days ago. It's kind of mystical and romantic. Who better to share that romance with than my little sled dog?



While these runs aren't helping my pace at all, I'm getting a great stability workout and I can feel it much more in my glutes and hamstrings. I still don't want to slip on some ice or roll my ankle on some packed snow, but I'll miss it a little when it's gone. Maybe I won't be so nervous next time it snows, as long as the temps are good for Henri's paws, which is what I was avoiding last round. It looks like the temps will be up, at least for the next week. We'll see what happens after that, but maybe we can get a "long" run in this weekend. The training plan is calling for six miles. Not a problem as long as the snow is gone. If not, I'm not worried about it. I'm not worried about getting the distance for the half. I'll be ready for that. I've got plenty of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment