Saturday, January 10, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 2: Music

As with most of the US, or at least the mid-west, we have snow. We have snow and sub-zero temperatures. For the sake of safety, we are not running. I don't know when our next chance will be. I think it is supposed to be better next week, but we'll have to see how the sidewalks are.

I was ready to go on Monday, too. I went in early, so I should have been off early. I was considering taking Henri to the park. I ended up staying late on a phone call. The decision was made for me. It was now going to be too dark for a trip to the park. I was okay with that. It was a little chilly, but when I walked out of work, it actually felt pretty good and I knew our run would be fine. As I got closer to home, it started to snow. I considered going still, but I was afraid of it being slick and I'd rather not re-injure my ankle and have to go through six plus weeks of healing again, assuming that I just pulled it again and didn't do worse. There was always Tuesday.

Tuesday morning, Henri went outside and as he was coming back in, he started to limp. He stopped, lay down and chewed on his paw. I'm assuming he got some snow stuck in his pad because he was fine after that, but I wasn't going to take a chance with his safety either so it was another day of no activity. If Henri is bothered by the cold, it's cold.

Wednesday was not pretty. Temperatures barely made it above zero and the windchill was far below. There was no entertaining the idea of going for a run (or the dog park).

Thursday, still barely making it above zero and negative windchill. It started to flurry on the way home from work. Today, Friday, didn't go so well either. I thought it was going to be better, but the -19 windchill kept us inside, yet again.

Poor Henri! He's been cooped up all week! You can only throw a toy down a hallway so many times. Well, there's only so many times he will chase it before he decides he will not go get it until you play keep away. 

He's bored, but he's a good snuggler (when he wants to be). This week's snapshot theme was music. Since we can't go for a run or to the park, that gives me more time to spend on loading music onto my iPod. I'm currently (re?)obsessing over New Kids on the Block. Henri doesn't judge. He does look at me funny as I smile and laugh to myself while watching old music videos on YouTube. Probably because my stomach punches him in the head and disrupts his moping. Sorry, Henri.



Update: We were able to go to the park on Saturday so he could run his crazies out. He played for forty minutes before I felt like the wind was picking up and the sun was going down. It seemed to drop 10 degrees in five minutes. See, I have layers at the dog park figured out, I just can't get that translated over to running.

4 comments:

  1. Aw what a cutie! And yikes, that is super cold... we are in Texas where it is a bit warmer than that, but it's been in the 30s here for several days now. My dog doesn't do the cold weather! Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't do that kind of cold so I certainly admire you for trying. Music is a good way to warm up... Inside the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pets never judge our musical tastes, thankfully! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the comment from Pawesome Cats. So true! And they also don't tell other humans what we listen to when we're all alone . . . thank goodness. My friends would never understand my obsession with Kid Rock!

    ReplyDelete