Monday, January 19, 2015

Racing the Sunset

It's so nice to head out for a run at 5pm and know that you can get back before it's dark! I especially love running into the sunset, as if I'm trying to get to the sun before it dips down beyond the horizon. It escaped this time.

It was another 40 degree day. I know it's only January, but I could get used to this. There was still some snow and ice patches (Come on sun! Do your thing!), but luckily a majority of it is after the two mile mark. I was going to try to push the run a little further, but the snow stopped me. That's okay. I don't know what I'm thinking trying to run three miles, then come home and do my Insanity Max workout.

I know I'm thinking that I don't want my regular personal workouts to get in the way of Henri's workouts and our time together. As much as running benefits me, I do it so Henri can run off some energy, so he can be outside and "play" and so we can do something together after he's been home alone all day while I'm at work. 

It sucks for me because I'm tired from the run. My legs are protesting every squat and lunge, but Henri is laying on the couch, watching me through drooping eyes, resting up for after my workout, so we can get back to playtime. I will just have to try not to push it...too much.

You know I'm going to push it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment