Saturday, January 17, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 3: Joyful

Bonus run! Yes, it was just the second run of the week, so it's not really a "bonus" per se, but any time I get to run with Henri is a bonus and the snow is melting, so, bonus!

I had to fight my body to go on this run. I REALLY wanted to run! I had a plan to fit everything in today. Wake up, do my workout, eat lunch, take Henri to the park and then, on the way back, stop at the park and do a few laps. I woke up, check. Then I did my Insanity Max workout. I've now been doing Insanity Max for two weeks, so this was the second time I did this particular workout, but it killed me this time. Maybe the difference of doing it first thing, rather than after a full day of work made it that much harder, but I hurt. 

I had lunch, then I vacuumed because all the snow melt salt that's gotten dragged into the house sticks to my feet and it was getting really annoying! That was probably a mistake after my workout. Now I was sore and tired, my hip flexors especially.

I lay down for a minute and Henri immediately jumped into the bed and curled up. He had been cuddly all day, even sleeping in the crook of my legs this morning. We decided that we could probably forego the dog park today. He played really hard yesterday, playing fetch with the Chuck-It for twenty minutes, plus running and wrestling with other dogs. We would rest up and then go for a little run.

That is what we did. Some of the sidewalks were still a little treacherous, but I knew the park was clean. We could walk down, do a few laps, then walk back. Eh, we ran down, carefully. I'm glutton for punishment, I guess. It just felt good to be outside and when Henri smiles up at me, I can't help it! 

We ran almost two laps before I just couldn't go any more. That was still two miles! So, we stopped to take our joyful selfie.




We walked home, stopping to get the mail before we came in. Henri's BarkBox was here! So, we have bonus joy, too! He always finds the plushie. He got this really cool Abominable Snowman that grunts. He pretty much ignored everything else in the box.




I can't tell if Mr. Abominable is happy or in fear of being destroyed by my little plushie-killer! So far, so good. He has played with it for forty-five minutes straight, only stopping because it was time for dinner (He finished his dinner super-quick and returned to his game). He's gnawing on it, soaking it through to weaken the fabric, but so far, he drops it to play fetch rather than play tug. He's only been playing with me though and I'm not the tug/destroy-all-toys partner.

2 comments: