Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Sight To See

Thankfully, the sheet of ice that was on Monday quickly melted away and we were able to go on a run again today. The wind was cold and you can tell another winter system is coming in. I have a cold now and (in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice) my lips hurt real bad! They were already chapped and sore from kleenex rubbing on them, but the cold air did quite a number on them!

I'm pretty proud of Henri. He is getting so good at passing people without interacting with them. He sniffs in their general direction as we go by, but he pushes on as if they weren't even there. Today, we had a real test. A guy was running with his dog, coming from the opposite direction. I was amused by the picture of these two. I saw the guy coming in the distance, but I didn't see the dog, not until we were much closer. This big sporty guy was running a shitz tzu. Not that there's anything wrong with him owning a shitz tzu or a shitz tzu running, but it's not what I expected. I almost wanted to offer to switch dogs for the day because the shitz tzu was probably more my speed today. 

Anyway, this little dog is running and yapping at Henri and he moved off our side of the sidewalk, still moving, to give them space and then looked up at me, the show off, as if I even needed to tell him he was a good boy. I did, of course, but he was already back to the run.

We passed by our smoking friend, yet again. It's pretty much a daily thing now, the days we run, anyway. I'm starting to wonder if it's all a matter of timing, when we pass by his house each day, or if he steps outside to smoke when he sees us coming. We wave. I kinda laugh to myself as I try not to inhale any of the smoke he is blowing. Maybe one day we will motivate him to go on a run. Or maybe we're just a sight to see, the girl dressed in blue, with a dog strapped around her waist, running in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment