Monday, February 2, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 5: Winter

The first thing that tends to come to mind when you think of "Winter" is snow, or at least it is when you live in the Central Illinois. The problem is that we have not had a lot of snow this winter. Our winter, as you can tell from my blog posts, has been mostly cold and ice. In my opinion, it is pointless to have cold without snow. The snow that we have had has been disappointing and I can't wait for it to be gone so that Henri and I can go on runs again. 

Of course, the week that the photo theme is "Winter", we don't have much to show in the way of pictures. It did ice horribly Monday night, but there was nothing to take a picture of as it seemed cruel to take Henri out to force him to reenact the scene when Bambi first stepped onto the ice and Thumper laughed at him. I suppose I could have played the part of Bambi as I would certainly have been on my butt and almost was multiple times as I just scraped my windows. It quickly thawed on Tuesday while I was at work, leaving not even icicles for Henri to lick.

Have no fear, a snow storm was a coming! The forecast called for four to six inches on Saturday! Perfect for any pictures of Henri playing in the snow! Except that the weather report is never accurate or even close and it quickly became clear it was going to be a lot of rain and eventually some snow. 

I waited, hoping that Sunday morning we would wake to tons of snow. There is snow, about two inches of slushy, snow. This doesn't seem like an accurate representation of our winter. The worst part about winter is when we are stuck inside. Whether it's because it's too cold to be outside or because it's too dangerous to attempt a run, there are just days that we can not go on a run or go to the park. When these days come, this is where you find Henri.




Don't feel bad for him! You know he gets plenty of exercise! He just likes to stare out into the backyard. Not much is going on out there, but I guess it's the only access to looking outside he has, it just looks he's moping. Until he hears you move, then you get this:


Since this weeks (last weeks) them is "Winter" and we did happen to get some snow, even though it barely happened in the correct week, here is a picture of Henri enjoying the snow.




He jumps pretty acrobatically (Is that really a word, because spell check didn't say it wasn't), but I think the snow was too slickery (Of course that's not a word, but it kinda is). It was probably safer not to be jumping in the air and trying to land in that stuff. I kept slipping around while we were playing. He's pretty smart...and tall :)


1 comment:

  1. Love that picture of Henri extending to catch the snowball. Wishing you some really good snow . . . or an early spring. :-)

    ReplyDelete