Monday, February 16, 2015

I Am A Slug

That was a difficult run.

We might have to put our runs on hold until I finish Insanity Max 30. Month one was fine. I could handle both a run and a workout in one day, but month two has proved to be a bit harder. That's not a bad thing, by any means, but I don't know that I can do both.

The first week of month two there was snow and ice, so we didn't really have a chance to run. I don't particularly remember being too sore, but I was also just getting used to the different moves. Last week, week two, I had reserved Tuesday for a run. I did Insanity in the morning and made sure a good amount of time passed before we went out on a run. I thought that my speed could be chalked up to the Wienerschnitzel in my belly. My legs were sore the rest of the week, but I thought that was due to Insanity, period.

Today, I wanted to go for a run with Henri. I thought that today would be the best day because, while still an Insanity workout, it was just cardio. It's probably the easiest workout of the week, comparatively speaking. It's still a bear of a workout. I wanted to be sure I was not so tired that I couldn't do the moves to the best of my ability so I did Insanity first, quickly followed by the ten minute Ab Attack. Then it was running time. 

I knew I wasn't going to be able to just run. I was going to feel it out. I thought I'd be able to start strong, being warmed up. Maybe we'd only run half of it or maybe I could handle just slowing down towards the end. Yeah, I felt like a snail. I couldn't get my pace up. I was trying. I kept laughing every time Henri looked back at me and saying, 'I'm coming'. I did finally hit a pace. It wasn't much, but it was something I thought I could stay at for awhile. 

I had Henri. This is one of those times we had to work as a team. My motivation was to keep moving fast enough that he would at least be above a trot. Sometimes, he had to literally pull me. He would give me my breaks, but he wasn't going to take it easy on me. He knew when he could push me to move. He was having a good time, aside from his obvious concern for my lack of speed and that was what mattered to me.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I might be paying for my actions. Maybe I'll be fine. Maybe I just have to push myself. 

In other news, I am now pretty sure that the guy that comes out of his house to smoke when we go by is, in fact, waiting for us. We were later today than usual, what with two workouts and a slower pace, but he came out right before we were about to pass by. I didn't mind the extra motivation to keep up my pace, but I'm pretty convinced he can see us coming. I mean, he could just be a heavy smoker...

No comments:

Post a Comment