Saturday, February 28, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 9: Purple

There are some upsides to snow. I will list some here, in no particular order:

1. It makes the cold worthwhile. Cold is pointless without snow. I know that I have become quite the advocate for melting snow, what with it covering the sidewalks we need to run, but I still stand by the fact that if it's going to be cold, especially bitterly cold, it should snow. It can melt the next day. I don't care.

2. It reflects the sun so it usually feels warmer than it actually is. Another reason for it to snow when it's cold. It doesn't feel as cold anymore!

3. Snow is pretty. It's beautiful. I know it gets dirty and gross, but what doesn't? Do we not like our four legged friends when they are dirty? We usually take pictures of them because they are so cute when they are completely filthy!

4. It is quite enjoyable to see our furry ones enjoying a good snow. From the frenzies they get from just going outside and coming back in, to the actual playtime in the snow. Watching them play in the snow should melt your heart and cause it to grow three times it's Grinch-y size.

5. The crazy snow weather does something magical to the sky. Sunrises and sunsets are worth seeing, despite the cold, cold weather. 


Henri and I got a chance to enjoy one of these sunset while we were out for a run this week. I think it has just enough purple to make it fit this weeks photo theme, "Purple". Purple is a hard one, especially without Spring-like weather to bring in the purple flowers. I might have an aversion to purple as it's so close to blue, I'd rather just have blue. Henri doesn't have anything purple, aside from a purple platypus, which was going to be what I went with before we were able to get outside and I noticed the sunsets.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sunset but we still have to disagree about snow. It either melts and refreezes into treacheous ice or turns black where we live. It only looks nice while it’s coming down.

    ReplyDelete