Saturday, February 7, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 6: Create

I don't know if you've seen this, but PetSmart has Pound Puppies! I think this is pretty perfect. What better way to promote pet adoption and giving back to shelters and rescues that Pound Puppies!


So, I got all nostalgic and was inspired to draw my little pound puppy as a Pound Puppy! Not like the stuffed animals, but the cartoon, from the 80's, not the new one. How convenient that it was "Create" week and we have too much snow on the sidewalks to run anyway!

I not only had to think about what Henri would look like as a Pound Puppy, but what he would wear, because the coolest of The Pound Puppies wore clothes. I don't think Henri would like to wear a whole lot of clothes, especially since he likes when it's cooler outside, but he is pretty athletic and, of course, he runs with me. So, I gave him some sweatbands ;)


I think he's pretty cute! I would adopt him! I would have drawn me, but I was having trouble matching the 80's style for the humans, especially an adult, that's not a villian, because that's mostly what I found picture of when I was taking my little trip down memory lane.

I also bought Henri a Pound Puppy from PetSmart. I know it's going to be torn up very quickly, but if I didn't buy it just for that reason, I was missing the point of buying them. I was going to take a picture of the both of us with our Pound Puppies, but I can't find mine. I don't want to think about it too much because I fear they may be lost to me forever and that just makes me really sad.


He's pretty confident he can tear the squeaker out, followed by the stuffing, if I would just let him play with it a little longer than I do before putting it up. Look at him! He's even imitating The Pound Puppy! That's my Pound Puppy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cute! I saw those Pound Puppies the other day and was so tempted. I love your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a blast from the past! I saw teenage ninja turtles in Michael's this week, but pound puppies are waaaaay better. Both your versions are adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a dangerous thing for me to learn about. I still have my original Pound Puppies in a box in the basement! Now my dogs will have to have their own to match... Good thing PetSmart is closed right now.

    I LOVE your cartoon. Perhaps cartoons like these to go with adorable photos would help improve adoption rates! This is a great take on the create theme. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete