Tuesday, February 10, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 7: Love

Is it weird that I have looked forward to this run for days? That I planned my workout schedule around being able to run today? That the only thing I want to do on my birthday is go for a run with my Henri? I'm okay with that.

It was probably a good thing that we had snow and ice last week and we were not able to run as I started month two of Insanity Max. I think Shaun T. likes to call it, 'Bananas'. Now that a week of it is under my belt, I think my legs can handle adding a run or two in there. We've had some warmer days and all the snow and ice melted. Turned everything into a swamp, but melted. I took a few days off since I never take vacation and this year I just didn't feel like being at work on my birthday. While I wish we could have been running every day, I took the recovery days seriously this weekend and I saved my run for today, because I'm still not sure that I should run consecutive days on my ankle, especially since I've got daily Insanity workouts, too. I wanted to make sure I got the most of the Insanity workout, so I did that in the morning, giving my legs some time to rest before we went for a run in the afternoon.

I've been trying to think of some new places for us to run. I tried one of the parks in the fall, but never really found a real trail to run on. I saw some pictures from one of my friends on Facebook and asked her where she ran. She gave me a few ideas so I decided that we would try one of them for my birthday.

It was a beautiful, sunny day. I usually ask for snow for my birthday, so the fact that I was happy about the weather says a lot. The paved trails are wide, which makes it nice when you start passing people and other dogs. Online it said three miles of trails, which is perfect for us, but we did one loop around and that was only 1.8 or something, so we did another loop. Henri did really well with the new environment. It was a slow run for both of us. I don't know if he was just reading my pace, but he didn't really seem to care if we ran or walked. My birthday chili cheese fries slowed me down. (Oops.) It was still nice to be somewhere new and to be out in the sun.

I got my new ProCompression socks just in time for this run and for this weeks photo challenge theme, "Love". I love that Henri and I can share something, like a run, especially on a special day. I love that he enjoys it as much as I do. I love him.




I like having one photo that I feel really expresses the theme of the week, but I couldn't help making a photo collage with this run. I mean, it's my birthday. I can do whatever I want.


4 comments:

  1. You sound like my mom. These days she runs with my little sister. She get so excited planning where they will run in the morning, and when it snowed last, she was so thrilled to run with little Bailie in the fresh snow. Love is running with dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you took the photo challenge this week. Happy late birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wise to take care of your ankle. It's frustrating to wait for workouts but worth it to be 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the collage. It's perfect for the theme, and a very happy belated birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete