Saturday, March 7, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 10: Mischief

There is no shortage of mischief when it comes to Henri, especially when we are stuck inside for most of the week with snow and below freezing temperatures. There were two toys that saw their end this week (temporarily as I will restuff and sew them so Henri can do it again). There were many, many games of Keep Away or Henri's absolute favorite, "Am I going to leave it or am I going to dive for it at the last second because I'm a dog and I'm much faster than you, so there." He always wins that game. There are always many opportunities to capture stuffing spread throughout the living room or a sideways glance as his mind calculates the amount of time it will take you and himself to get to a toy. I decide to make my own mischief this week.

Lots of snow and a winter hat that I really wanted Henri to wear equals and mischievous plot to take him out and set him up next to some evergreens. Since one of the toys he killed this week was his abominable snowman, that prop and the opportunity to make him look like Yukon Cornelius was lost. That probably wouldn't have worked anyway as Henri doesn't really enjoy things on his head, a difficulty I run into when trying to come up with amazing Halloween costumes. Getting him in a hat was going to be hard enough, adding props, next to impossible. 


I have to admit, I didn't think this would go well. I thought that the time it would take for me to grab my phone from putting the hat straight on his head and his ears through the holes (Because his ears are pretty much what makes this work) would be too long and I would have lots of pictures of a hat over his face, or Henri shaking his head. Aside from the crazy lens flare, it told out pretty cute! I don't think he minded having a hat on as much as he thought he would...or at least it was worth the treats. Henri had his opportunity to show his mischievousness during this little photo shoot, don't you worry!


And that's what he thinks about wearing hats. 

Mischief managed.


3 comments:

  1. OMD!! I love that hat!! There just aren't enough quality hats for dogs!
    Your Pal, Bentley Basset

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so adorable in the hat! But look at the expression in Henri's eyes in the close up. Not a happy camper with mom, making him put it on! LOL Really cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAH! Lookit the hat! Just kidding. Heh … Good doggy …

    ReplyDelete