Sunday, March 8, 2015

Puddles and Cuddles

The temperature is back up in the 40's. The snow is melting. Spring is on it's way (Maybe?). The problem is that we got our biggest snow last week and now it's melting everywhere. Well, not everywhere, because we still have lots of sidewalks covered with snow. The dog park has become a mud pit. This makes it very difficult to exercise an active pup! I knew we could drive down to the park near us, because the park district cleared the path there, but I thought we'd adventure out to our new park and see what adventure we could find there today. 

The answer is...puddles.

I didn't really expect that. It's really difficult to run through a puddle without splashing your running partner, which Henri did not really appreciate the first few times. In all fairness, he was spitting water up behind him, big puddles or not, so my running socks and my knees were splattered with muddy water.

I feel like I struggle with the run every time we are there and I'm starting to wonder if it's just a harder run. I always have an excuse for why it's hard. I have chili cheese fries belly. I did an Insanity workout beforehand. It's really, really cold. It's hard to run in puddles (I am rather inexperienced with them and I was doing my best to splash the least amount possible). Today, after returning home and drying Henri's underside off (and he LOVES being dried off with a towel), he quickly settled in for a nap. Maybe it is actually just a harder path.

I even got some post-run cuddles! How many running partners don't care if you're hugging while you're still sweaty!?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment