Saturday, August 8, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 32: Favorite

This week has been a miss in the world of running. Between rainy weather and back pain, we haven't been on a run since Tuesday, so I will have to use a picture from last weeks excursion.

This week is easy. Henri is my favorite running partner, and I'd like to think I'm his. It's true that neither one of us has had much experience with other running partners, but maybe that's why we're so good together. Henri is cute and adorable. He's also very motivating. He can also be very sensitive to my needs and slow down for me when necessary, which, lets face it, is always.

What are some of the characteristics of a good running partner?

Dependability - Check! Henri is always there. Yes, I have to be mindful of the weather for Henri, but he has to work around my work schedule so, it seems only fair. I never have to worry about him being late or cancelling on me. He doesn't seem to mind if I'm running late, but I try not to take advantage of that.

Encouraging - Check! I am always telling Henri he is a good boy during our runs. He is always looking up at me, checking on me and quietly motivating me to push on. We don't have to compete with each other. We both know Henri is faster and can run farther. That out of the way, we can support each other.

Pacing - Check! I probably drag Henri down, but he knows me pace and knows how to push it. I don't tend to run without him, because why would I want to, but I would guess that if I did, I would be much slower. I don't like to slow him down, so I push myself a little harder. He doesn't really seem to mind either way, but he does perk up quite a bit when we get going.

Commitment - Check! I'm committed to Henri and he's committed to me. We know I'm committed to him because I get up at disgustingly early hours of the morning to run with him, multiple times a week. I assume he's pretty committed to me because he hasn't snubbed me and he hasn't dragged me down the street, screaming. 

Friendship - Check, Check and Double Check! Henri and I have synced up. We totally get each other, that why we can drive each other crazy if we wanted to. It's nice to have a friend to run with, one that you can laugh with and share your experiences. Henri cracks me up sometimes, which can be difficult while running, but, seriously, exercise should always be this fun.







3 comments:

  1. There is nothing like running and spending time with your best buddy. I used to run with my Golden Retriever and it was my favorite time of the day. Two knee surgeries have put a stop to running or long walks but Bentley isn't much of a long distance type Basset. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are perfect running partners! I think dogs make the best partners, I don't run a lot but I do some with our beagle, and she keeps me moving too!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like he is the perfect running companion.

    ReplyDelete