Monday, August 24, 2015

Making The Switch

We're going to try it. It seems too early, and I'm sure this will not work, but we're going to make the switch back to the afternoon runs.

It has been uncharacteristically cooler this past week. They even said that temps are below average for this time of year, which is still in the low 80's, so it's not really that cool for a heat sensitive pup. It does make for perfect temps for running in the morning, but I wasn't feeling 100% safe in the dark. I just can't see! I feel like I'm going to trip on something that I can't see and get injured and who really wants to deal with that at 5am? Then we couldn't run at all! So, we will try the 6pm/7pm running slot. This messes up my dinner time, but I just might find myself eating less for dinner, which is never a bad thing, right?

There are lots of people out enjoying the weather, of course, just as we are. He's gotten a little better running past the skate park. He's running past children on scooters and bikes. He still doesn't like the dogs barking at him from the other side of their fences, but he keeps moving, with a little whine. Soon, it will be cold enough that it will just be us again. Yes, I said "soon". I know it's in the 80's right now, but give it a month and it will be the 50's, if not cooler.

It was still a little warm today, but not really that much warmer than when we run in the mornings in the dead of summer. It's just that darn sun, heating things up! Well, it's looking good for this week anyway. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment