Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Darkness Returns

It had been a few days since we ran. It was raining Sunday morning, but the afternoon brought a breeze and a cloudy sky, so I thought Henri and I would get out. Of course, post rain is always pretty humid and somehow I forgot that. It felt really good to run after so many days off and Henri was pretty excited. It was well worth it. We got back right before the sun came out, perfectly timed.

Monday it stormed again, making us all the more thankful for that Sunday afternoon run. It was extremely humid that morning. I'm glad we didn't have to run in that. Cooler air brought on more storms, but the humidity broke Monday evening. If the storms could hold off, we would be running again Tuesday morning, and we were.

It was a fairly uneventful run, but what a difference a week made in the darkness! We were going to have to break out the LED lights again.

Wednesday was more of the same, but because I go to work later on Wednesdays, we were able to avoid the full on darkness of morning. The moon was really pretty, the little sliver, sitting above the hazy morning colors. I learned later that there had been a meteor shower, not that I could have seen it, going to bed early so I could get up before the sun rises for our runs. I was hopeful that we would be able to catch some of it in the early hours on Thursday, since it is so dark.

And dark it was! I had my LED armbands and Henri his color, but it was either cloudy or the stars were just not out because it was DARK. A car would go by and my eyes would have trouble adjusting to the dark again. We did get to see a meteor or two, thanks to the darkness, and that was pretty cool. Running during a meteor shower. That's just cool. I'm glad we got to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment