Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Done With This Week Already

It's already been a stressful week, one of those "If one more thing happens, I will break down in tears" weeks. I was so frustrated with yesterday that I couldn't even write a blog. I just went to bed. I just couldn't take it any more. I almost crumbled when the trash can got stuck in a crack taking it out to the street and then I stepped on a rock in my bare feet. That's just where I was. I was so happy to go out on a run this morning, despite the fact that I didn't sleep very well. I kept dreaming of all the things I had to do the next day.

The air was cool this morning, less humid than yesterday. I was still feeling the miles from Saturday, but my legs were cooperating a little bit better. I had to push a little bit yesterday. Even though I really didn't care about speed today, I think we were going pretty good because Henri wasn't pulling. I think he knew I needed to just run. He came down the stairs with me this morning and cuddled on the couch while I woke up and drank my water. He probably knew that he was about to make me crumble last night as well. Lucky for him, he's adorable and I just couldn't be mad at him.

My iPod understands me. It played all the right songs, carrying me through the run and into the day ahead. One lyric stuck with me, "Surfing on a concrete tidal wave." The word picture just reminded me of running, maybe because I was feeling pretty good at that moment and felt like I was floating, each step propelling me gently forward, which was exactly what I needed to get me through today. 

I didn't even care that I needed to take a shower and get ready for work. I took extra time to cuddle with Henri after the run. We played with ice cubes and sat outside to cool down. Henri kissed me every once awhile. He stayed close by as I finally showered and dried my hair. He sat by my feet as I put on my makeup and prepared for the day. He jumped up next to me on the couch and put his current favorite toy down next to me, then curled up with us both before I had to get up and get going. At least my morning started out right.

No comments:

Post a Comment