Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I Must Be Chopped Liver

I think Henri's day was just made!

Henri loves his Papa! He gets super excited whenever the three of us go anywhere, which I guess that should be an indication of how often that happens. Henri seems to think it's a big deal. He has a hard time calming down. He sometimes forgets all the things I teach him because, who cares? Papa's here! So, guess how excited he was that Papa went on a run with us today. SO excited! (Insert replay of Jessie Spano from Saved By The Bell singing 'I'm So Excited' here - but not the scared part, that doesn't apply today.)

We have all run together once before, but we had gone somewhere else, not just around the neighborhood. This made it different. He really wanted to be with his Papa. I was trying to slow down to give them some distance so Henri wouldn't trip him, but I think Papa was trying to slow down to stay with us, or to keep Henri from pulling me the entire run. Either way, Henri had The Best Time! 

By the time we were at the halfway point, Henri calmed down and focused more on the run. He was still trying to keep up with his Papa, but I was starting to run out of gas. Come on! It was my third run in a row this week! That is, historically, my worst run, but I kept up (with maybe a little help from my sled dog). I had to push a little harder, but that's okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment