Tuesday, May 10, 2016

15k

I made the mistake of trying to squeeze three three-mile runs into a twenty-four hour period. Henri and I ran Thursday night and Friday morning, then I had a 5k event in the evening, sans Henri. Boo, but it was for a good cause, so I sucked it up.

As we ran Friday morning, I was a little worried how Friday evening would go. I had a little girl counting on me. I didn't feel like I was running very well, but it turned out okay. Friday night was warm though, and I didn't know the route, so I didn't really know where we were in the run. I was pretty disappointed when I saw the one mile marker, thinking I was much closer to two miles, but I pushed on. I started to experience pain in my right foot. I pushed on longer. I finally stopped around two and a half miles because I was about to have to go uphill again and I just couldn't do it. I walked for about a quarter mile, long enough to get over the hill, and then pushed on again till I crossed the finish line. My foot was very angry with me. It woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me so.

So, what do I do today? I run after work with plans to run again in the early morning. It's been raining for days and I think that's going to be the only way to get our run in, plus it's supposed to be in the eighties tomorrow, so it's time to make the switch...at least for a day since it's supposed to rain everyday still. Who knows? We might wake up in the morning and it will be raining, but there is supposed to be a break between tonight and tomorrow afternoon, so we will take a chance!

So, can we say I ran a 15k? No? Ok. I'll keep working on it.

Runs this year: 62 

Miles run this year: 173

No comments:

Post a Comment