Monday, May 2, 2016

Go, Team, Go!

We had a really good run today. It seems like they are so few and far between anymore, it feels really good when it happens. Our pace was 10:08 and that included the little bit of walking at the beginning. We had two miles that were around 9:30. We still didn't break the 9:02 that is our time to beat, but it's heading in the right direction.

It could have been the cooler temps that aided our attempt at speediness. Whatever it was, it just felt good. I was in a happy medium between a natural pace and pushing just a little. I was tempted to slow several times, but I knew we were looking good and I just wanted to see what we were doing. I guess if I got a Garmin watch or something, I'd know while we were running, but that would make it too easy!

We passed a father and his children playing in their yard. He asked, "Who is running who here?" I smiled and said, "It's a team effort," which it truly is. At the beginning, Henri has been a little hesitant to start, whether he's distracted by the traffic and the things going on at the houses we are passing, I don't really know. We get going and we tend to slingshot off of each other. He pulls ahead when I need a little help. He does a little skip-jump when I need a little motivation. Okay, I guess he does most of the work, but I provide him with the direction and the confidence when we pass by things he's unsure about (which is really quite often for this pup, poor thing), so I stand by my original statement. We are a team and when we have a successful run like this one, all I can think when we finish is, "Go, Team, go!"

Runs this year: 58
Miles run this year: 162

No comments:

Post a Comment