Friday, February 2, 2018

7 Miles

"Long" run is done for the week! Well, yeah, it is Friday. I'm not that ahead of the game, but tomorrow is going to be windy and then apparently snow is coming. I thought it best to get it out of the way today. I wasn't sure how it was going to go. I had a minor procedure done yesterday which was causing some sensitivity and some occasional sharp pain, but it really wasn't enough to stop me. The pain in my calf, well, it was going to slow me down...but again, wind and snow. It was time to move!

It was actually a really good run. I kept it at a slower pace because of the pain in my calf, but if I just pushed through and limped along, the pain subsided and we were back to normal. I probably would have kept going (That seems to happen every time I'm decide I'm running 7 miles), but I lost my music with a mile and a half left. I was able to push through to the 7, but I was starting to struggle without a beat of some kind to distract me.

So, a decent, steady, slow run, despite pain and discomfort. Still a long ways to go before I can run any kind of marathon distance, with or without pain, but it's a small sign of what can be done with a little (lot) more training. 

Unfortunately, this will have to be done without Henri, but I will just have to remember the way he looks at me while we run the miles and the joy he has after we are done.


No comments:

Post a Comment