Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sunday Runday : Ready for Another Week

It has been over a week since our last run due to rain. We were very much overdue and today is 50 degrees and sunny. Yeah, I think we'll do that.

I really wanted to run another ten this week (last week?), really work on getting comfortable in the ten, but with no running at all this week, I wasn't really feeling that. A simple four sounded good. While we still might have to contend with some people and dogs out on walks or runs of their own, we would not have to deal with the stress (for Henri, and in turn myself) of running by dogs out in their yards. Simple, easy, whatever.

First of all, I asked Henri if he wanted to go and he jumped up on me and ran upstairs with me as I changed. I knew Henri needed some exercise, but right out the door he was ready to go full speed. My body said, "Ho! No. These legs and glutes have been working hard every day throughout the week and they have not had a chance to shake out. You're going to want to slow down...now." I don't think that Henri heard that, but he got distracted by some scents brought out by the rain and started to slow down some. By mile three, I think he was pretty spent and he collapsed with his ice cubes when we got home. I mean, it was 50 degrees. Despite the chilly wind (blowing directly at us), it was still a little warm compared to other runs lately. 

So, all in all it wasn't a bad run. It served it's purpose as far as expending some Henri energy and shaking out my legs to prepare for the next week. If the weather cooperates, we'll get ten miles in this coming weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment