Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Almost Missed Out

When I got off work Tuesday afternoon, the sun had been behind clouds all day. It felt pretty good outside. I considered taking Henri out for our second seven mile run of the week.

I'm glad I didn't. Besides the fact that the sun came out and we might have wilted, my body probably still needed time to recover. Also, this morning felt amazing. It was well worth the "wait".

It was so nice this morning. Both, my body and Henri, were very happy with the temperature. Either I was well recovered or it just felt that good, but it felt like one of the best runs I've had in awhile. We didn't have any sub ten minute miles, but several of them were close. I almost had negative splits, aside from mile five where my body went wonky for a little bit.

Henri was all about going faster since I could. Even in the quiet neighborhoods, he was going full speed, or at least as fast as he could go dragging me behind him. Even better than watching him run when he's been stressed out or cooped up is watching him when the weather turns cooler. The only time he seems more excited is when he gets a BarkBox in the mail and he gets to open and play with new toys.


If only this was the seasons changing. If only this was a sign of the weather to come and we were past all the heat and humidity. Alas, it is still August and September. I am thankful for the somewhat mild Summer. I hope it doesn't come back with a vengeance in the next 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment