Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Trust

My little Henri is trying his best to live his best life, but he's having a hard time with the adjustments that have been made lately. The past few days he has come into the bedroom, trembling. I don't know what he's scared of. It's nothing I can hear or sense and maybe it's just a culmination of many things and all of his anxiety. I am proud of him for every moment that he appears to be brave while experiencing something new and there are many of them.

Today, I planned on six miles. It looked like rain may some, so I was just going to take what we could get. The radar looked clear so while every part of me wanted to go back to sleep, I knew I would be disappointed not to do this week as planned.

Henri did well while it was dark. He did well as we passed our turn that would take us away from the scary no sidewalk portion of the run, even as a car came upon us. I know he was anxious about it, but he did not freak out. I like to think he trusted me, which is what I continue to tell him to do.

We were coming to the choice of making it five miles or six when Henri stopped and threw up some stomach bile. Henri does not have a sensitive stomach. He has thrown up only a handful of times in his life, so him throwing up, even just stomach bile, was enough for me to decide that it was going to be a five mile run. I still don't know if it was anxiety or something off that he got into because he has been fine since, but as always, Henri comes first. Is my body going to rebel about running twenty miles because I was one mile short during the week? No. I don't think so.


No comments:

Post a Comment