Saturday, September 5, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 36: Technology

Am I the only one that has been going around this week singing, "I love technology. But not as much as you, you see. But I still love technology" Yeah? Okay.

There is a lot of technology out there for running peeps. I mean, there's a lot of technology out there period, but some you just don't want to go out for a run without. Here are my essentials:



iPod - It's big and old and maybe a little cumbersome, but it hold ALL of my music, and that makes me happy. I keep it on shuffle and you just never know what's going to come over the headphones. I know some people use their phones, but did you not hear me? ALL OF MY MUSIC! All of it! Since I started to buy music, and yes, I still listen to the New Kids On The Block. Why wouldn't I?

Phone - Yes, I do take it in case an emergency phone call is needed, like I fall or I get lost or it starts to downpour. Of course phones these days are not just phones. They are cameras, so I can take pictures of us or of our surroundings. For smart phone users, there are apps, like MapMyRun to, well, map my run, and tell me the pace I'm running and probably some other stuff that I don't use it for. I also always have the Walkforadog app running, so that our miles donate money to the shelter Henri came from. 

Fitbit - Going along with the apps, it counts my steps, my route, my pace...but it's been a little faulty lately as far as the miles and pace so I still have to use the other apps.

Shoes - I am considering these technology because if it wasn't for technology and science, we wouldn't have shoes with the right kind of support for all different gaits and turf and all the other things shoes can adjust to.

My little acupuncture stickies - This is a new one, and maybe along the sciencey side of things, but my back has been bothering me so much lately that my chiropractor has added these tiny little needles that will stay on for a week. My hip still hurts, but my back has not.

This week has been the warmest and most humid week we've had, of course right after we had that little teaser of fall. My back has been hurting anyway, so we aren't running, but we're going to hope for good things next week, both in the way of back pain and weather. Henri needs it and I'm really missing it, too.


4 comments:

  1. Mom loves tech stuff, but running is the one place there isn't any technology unless she is training, then she has her Garmin watch. She would like to take her phone for emergencies, but in the summer there is no place to keep it, and in the winter it is too cold and the battery dies in about 10 mins, so she runs with Bailie tech free. She hates ear buds and music when she runs, so she listens to whatever is around her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like music when I'm running either (my hubby loves to have his ipod though). Like Emma's Mom I prefer to hear what's going on around me. But I have my phone with me, with an app to track and I'm also wearing my Jawbone Up, but I use that to track my whole day.
    Hope you are feeling better and back out there soon!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you keep needles in for a week? As for running with the iPod - absolutely necessary!!! (My personal favorite running song is "Walking on Sunshine")

    ReplyDelete