Friday, September 18, 2015

The Fantastic Four

It was another training day for what we are now calling The Fantastic Four! Two humans, two dogs. Henri and I have been running together for quite awhile. Now, we are teaching everything we know to a new set of running partners.

It was hot. Just plain hot. It didn't matter if we tried to go later, it was hot and muggy, which is hard for anybody (I think), but especially hard for someone who has just started running. Oh, and I decided to go running at a more scenic location, also hilly. I must be trying to kill our new partners! That's what coaches do, right? 

Keeping the heat in mind and the heat sensitivities of all parties, human and canine alike, we decided to do intervals. The heat didn't overwhelm anybody, but we still got a little workout in. I'm sure it was good for human partners training, building his endurance and the shorter distances kept him motivated ;)

All this week, Henri has been in front. I've really taken to calling him my pace bunny. He's got the fluffy tail and all!



Even Henri was feeling the heat towards the end, so I called it. All my little troopers did well! Here's hoping that the cooler weather really does come next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment