Friday, September 25, 2015

Focus and Resolve

Today felt like the best run we've had in over a week! I don't know if it was the slightly cooler weather, the difference of running in the opposite direction, or the fight I was having with my body, but it felt good.

I'm constantly battling waves of nausea. This is sided with heat, clamminess and a little vertigo. This has been going on for at least six months, if not longer. I have yet to figure it out, but sometimes, it makes it hard to run. I can be fine all day, but I can get motion sickness driving home, or to wherever we might be running, and it's all over. Today, though I'd had a few bouts of nausea, I was determined to run. I took some motion sickness pills, I kept my eyes focused on one point as much as possible driving to the park and I prayed. Whether any of those things worked or if it was a combination of them all, I was able to run, and I ran pretty well.

We did run in the opposite direction, hoping that by the time we got to the hills, I'd already be going well that they wouldn't effect me as much. This seemed to work. I was definitely feeling better by the time we got to the rolling hills. I was actually feeling really good. I felt good most of the time. Every time I felt like I was slipping, I shook my head at myself and pushed. A few moments later, I was feeling good again. I just needed a little refocusing.

Henri has been very impressive lately. He is super focused while running. He hardly notices the other dogs. He doesn't seem bothered by the bikers, the roller bladers or the skateboarders. One family was somewhat spread across the path and the two kids made just enough of an opening for us. Henri just took the opening and kept going, not even sniffing in either one of their directions. He's finally growing up! He's still a big baby and hates sitting around before or afterwards, but we'll go with a work in progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment