Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Two Down For The Week

We are seriously ready for Fall now. Someone else can have the 80 degree weather. We're done with it (at least Henri and I are).

It's still getting to the low 80's right now, and that's still too warm for Henri, thus myself, to run. We're waiting till 6:30/7pm to run, which is really throwing off my dinner, but at least we get some cooler temperature and the safety of the leftover sunlight.

My legs were still sore from last weeks when we went out yesterday. It worked out because we had some company on our run, both the two legged and four legged kind. Our company doesn't run as much as we do, so we slowed it down a bit. I say that, but it all honesty, I was struggling so the slower pace was good for me, too. Just a reminder from my body not to take two weeks off again, if it can be avoided.

Today felt much better. It might have been a little cooler, which always helps, but I was able to push again and we had some good miles. Henri even slowed down for a few steps. Of course, as soon as I asked him if he was getting tired, he sped back up. I guess that's a 'no'.

We ran through a swarm of gnats and I swear I got one in my eye! Luckily, this was the end of the run. I checked the mirror when I got home, cleaning off all the other gnats that were stuck to my sweaty face (Ew!), but didn't see it. I go to wash my hands after dinner and I have an eye booger at the corner of my eye. I checked it out and it was the gnat, dead of course. I had an eye bugger rather than an eye booger! Okay, I really can't decide if that's gross or funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment