Saturday, May 12, 2018

Run Streak Day 46

Finally, I was able to run with Henri again. It has been far too hot for my Henri. It's been far too hot for me, but I have kept up my run streak with one mile runs, one day at a time. I did have a unplanned three mile run in there, but mostly it's been one hot, miserable mile a day. I still need new shoes, which is not helping even my one mile runs. My body is not being protected and as I have been working it hard with strength training, half-marathon training and run streaking, I'm ready to give up on something. Today, I just wanted to run with Henri.

Running with Henri now means running in the morning. Next week I am planning on making the switch to early mornings, but for today, just morning would do. Henri was kind enough to let me sleep until 9, which was needed, but as soon as I opened to door to let him out for his morning potty break, I knew we had to get out there. Sixty degree weather is way better than eighty.

The first two miles were pretty decent. I mean, the first mile was great, but I'm getting really good at one mile. The sun started to come out from behind the clouds after that. I knew Henri was hot. I was getting annoyed wiping he sweat from my face. He stopped to roll in the grass to cool off. We were getting so close to five miles, the farthest I've run since the half. I coaxed him along and we slowed down a little bit more to finish and hang out in the shade by the lake. Looking at our pace, we actually did really well and I'm so glad I got to do it with Henri.


Not currently looking forward to early mornings, but if it means that I get to run with Henri more than once a week...any bets on how long until I say I love running in the early mornings?



No comments:

Post a Comment